- 115,200 IMAX film frames make up a typical
40-minute IMAX 3D film. That is 27,000 ft.
- A 100-minute 3D film is 67,500 ft long. The
Polar Express: An IMAX 3D Experience is nearly 13 mi
- IMAX 3D projectors can emit up to 30,000 watts of
- The IMAX 3D projector actually projects two
separate images onto the screen and special polarized 3D
glasses allow your brain to fuse the two images together
to make a single, pristine, larger-than-life
- The IMAX 3D projector flashes 48 individual images
onto the screen every second.
- The IMAX 3D screen is covered with a special silver
paint that reflects twice the amount of light as a
regular movie screen.
- The 3D images in an IMAX theatre will reach out at
you no matter where you sit, making every seat the best
seat in the house.
- The IMAX 3D camera is one of the highest resolution
image-capturing devices in the world.
- IMAX 3D cameras have been everywhere from the
bottom of the ocean, to inside a NASCAR racecar, to the
International Space Station.
- The IMAX 3D camera is run by 14 motors and 11
What is IMAX |
IMAX Technology |
IMAX 3D Experience